3. Daniel Salloi
After a train-wreck in 2019, Sporting KC homegrown player Daniel Salloi cannot afford to have a 2020 anything even remotely similar to last season.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Salloi will be playing for his future after scoring just one MLS regular-season goal last year. He is in the final year of his contract and is at the stage of his time in Kansas City where he must now prove that he can be a consistent performer.
The Hungarian will not have it easy with the possibility of having two left-wingers (Khiry Shelton and Gerso Fernandes) ahead of him on the depth chart. So when his chance comes, he must take full advantage of it. After leading the team with 11 goals in 2018, last season was a disaster with some shocking misses from what was a clinical winger just the previous season.
Salloi, who ended preseason with a nasty slip resulting in a red card against RSL, will look to return to the form he acquired in 2018. If he can produce as he did back then, suddenly Sporting KC have an embarrassment of riches in the offensive positions, with Shelton, Fernandes and Johnny Russell all providing excellent threat from out wide. If not, others will have to step up.