It was an entertaining week for the USMNT players in Major League Soccer including Wil Trapp’s stunner to win it for the Columbus Crew. Here is a full update of USMNT players across MLS.
The midfielder has not scored a goal since 2014 for the Columbus Crew but chose the perfect time to come up big for his club. His rocket propelled the Crew to a 3-2 victory in second-half stoppage-time in a match where they had to come from behind twice.
This match also featured more goals by USMNT players as Gyasi Zardes finished with a brace and Sacha Klejstan scored the first goal of the match for Orlando. Zardes is approaching his career-high with 13 goals so far in 2018. He just needs four more goals to better his tally from the 2014 season, which saw him score 16 goals in 32 appearances.
Christian Ramirez was another top performer this week as the striker scored three goals in two matches for Minnesota United. His brace on Sunday against LAFC played a big part in his club’s 5-1 victory. Ramirez has scored seven goals in 19 appearances thus far in 2018.
Zack Steffen and Alex Bono came up big for their respective clubs in close matches as the two goalkeepers earned wins over the weekend, while David Bingham earned a win for the LA Galaxy and made some key saves to preserve their victory on the road in Philadelphia.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
How the rest fared
- Paul Arriola had an assist for DC United in a 3-1 loss to Atlanta United. He has two goals and two assists in his last three appearances for DC.
- Michael Bradley had an assist on Sebastian Giovinco’s goal in Toronto FC’s 2-1 win against the Chicago Fire.
- CJ Sapong scored for the first time since May for the Philadelphia Union.
- Brandon Vincent played 46 minutes off of the bench for the Fire.
- Kellyn Acosta played 15 minutes for FC Dallas in their 1-1 draw with the Houston Dynamo. His teammate, Matt Hedges, scored a header in the first half for Dallas.
- Juan Agudelo started and played all 90 minutes for the New England Revolution.
- Tyler Adams and Tim Parker played all 90 minutes for the New York Red Bulls in their 2-0 win victory on Saturday.
- Alejandro Bedoya played all 90 minutes for the Union.
- Cristian Roldan started and played all 90 minutes for the Seattle Sounders.
- Marky Delgado started and played all 90 minutes for Toronto FC.
USMNT players like Gyasi Zardes and Tyler Adams are enjoying some of the best seasons of their respective careers and are shaping the MLS landscape. Check back here in a week to keep up with all the US talent in MLS.