The International Champions Cup has yielded some intriguing performances, including a piece of Christian Pulisic brilliance. Here is the USMNT abroad update.
USMNT star Christian Pulisic provided yet another impressive performance for Borussia Dortmund in the preseason. This time it came against Liverpool during the German club’s 3-1 victory at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The midfielder helped spur on Dortmund’s comeback by scoring a goal in the 66th-minute from the penalty spot. Pulisic drew the penalty as well, and finished the spot kick cooly and calmly to ensure his effort wasn’t all for not.
Pulisic scored what proved to be the match winner in the 89th minute against a club he is currently linked to for a possible transfer. It was a brilliantly free-flowing move as Dortmund moved the ball down the left channel, eventually feeding Pulisic on the edge of the penalty area, who slid a lovely shot into the bottom corner from distance.
Elsewhere in the ICC, Tim Weah found the back of the net against Bayern Munich to score a preseason goal for Paris Saint-Germain. The 18-year-old started the match as the majority of PSG’s star players are still on a break following the World Cup.
Chris Richards saw playing time for Bayern Munich in this match. The player, on loan from FC Dallas, entered as a substitute in the second half.
How the rest fared
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- Keaton Parks recorded an assist for Benfica in a friendly against Swindon Town.
- Fabian Johnson scored a goal for Borussia Mönchengladbach against Real Betis.
- John Brooks entered as a substitute in the second half for Wolfsburg in a scoreless friendly with Norwich City.
- Bobby Wood picked up an injury in a friendly for Hanover but based on early reports it does not sound like it will keep him out for the start of the season.
Romain Gall is now a member of Malmo in Sweden as the American midfielder makes a move to arguably the biggest club in the Nordic country. He was on the bench for his first match over the weekend but this should be a good test for the 23-year-old.
Zack Steffen of the Columbus Crew was reportedly attracting interest from Bristol City in the English Championship. However, it was stated that the Crew don’t want to part ways with the goalkeeper just yet. Steffen had a big outing for the Crew on Saturday in their 3-2 win over Orlando City and made a key save late in the match that kept his side in it.
American goalkeeper Kevin Silva signed a two-year contract with Hearts in Scotland. He will be a player to keep an eye on this season.
Meanwhile, Mix Diskerud is headed to the K-League. The midfielder will head to Ulsan Hyundai on a loan from Manchester City.
With the summer transfer window ending in most countries in late August and the season starting again soon, there is much to take note of regarding USMNT players abroad.