FIFA 21 released the top 15 players in the game. Which USWNT players made the list?
The wait for FIFA 21 is almost over. EA Sports annual game is set to be released on Oct. 6. With the released date drawing near, the top 15 women’s soccer players in the game were announced. There were four United States Women’s National Team players who made the top 15. Here’s who ended up making the list.
Megan Rapinoe – 93 overall
Rapinoe takes the top spot in the overall ratings in FIFA 21. She was rated higher than players such as Vivianne Miedema, Wendie Renard, and Samantha Kerr. The USWNT’s star player was named the best women’s soccer player in 2019 and played a key role in the World Cup triumph for the U.S. As a result, it’s no surprise to see FIFA rate her as the top player in the game. Rapinoe was rated at 93 overall in FIFA 20 as well.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Update: Where does the Erik Palmer-Brown transfer to Venezia stand?
- Chicago Fire vs Philadelphia Union: Week 16 Preview
- Chicago Red Stars vs Washington Spirit: Week 13 Preview
- Source: Erik Palmer-Brown likely transfer looming to Ligue 1 or Serie A side
- USMNT vs Qatar: Player Ratings- Zardes strikes late
Tobin Heath – 90 overall
The recent Manchester United signing comes in at 90 overall and is ranked as the 10th best player in the game. Heath had seven goals and five assists in 2019 and made six appearances in the World Cup. Nothing changed in her overall rating from FIFA 20. She remains one of the best attacking players in the world.
Alex Morgan – 90 overall
Morgan comes in just behind her USWNT teammate at 11th overall in the rankings. The striker was very prolific during the run to the World Cup title and continues to be one of the top goal scorers in the world. Morgan remains at 90 overall which was the exact same rating she received in FIFA 20.
Julie Ertz – 88 overall
Ertz rounds out the top 15 players at 88 overall. She will be one of the best midfielders in the game. Her rating in FIFA 21 will remain unchanged from FIFA 20 where she was rated as 88 overall.
The complete top 15
The USWNT have the most players in the top 15. France had three players with the Netherlands and Germany each having two players. Canada and Portland Thorns striker Christine Sinclair made an appearance on the list as the 14th player to be named.
- Megan Rapinoe (U.S) – 93 overall
- Samantha Kerr (Australia) – 92 overall
- Wendie Renard (France) – 92 overall
- Vivianne Miedema (Netherlands) – 91 overall
- Amandine Henry (France) – 91 overall
- Dzsenifer Marozsan (Germany) – 91 overall
- Lucy Bronze (England) – 90 overall
- Eugenie Le Sommer (France) – 90 overall
- Caroline Graham Hansen (Norway) – 90 overall
- Tobin Heath (U.S.) – 90 overall
- Alex Morgan (U.S.) – 90 overall
- Lieke Martens (Netherlands) – 89 overall
- Almuth Schult (Germany) – 89 overall
- Christine Sinclair (Canada) – 89 overall
- Julie Ertz (U.S.) – 88 overall