2. A USWNT victory could secure the title
England will be the highest-ranked opponent in the FIFA world rankings the USWNT will face at the SheBelieves Cup.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Spain and Japan are the other two countries they encounter, and while both are capable teams, neither are on the level of England and the U.S. Both the USWNT and England will be heavily favored to win their respective remaining fixtures after they play each other.
Last year, they drew 2-2 and England proceeded to win the SheBelieves Cup after the USWNT could only a manage a draw against Japan. Had they beaten England, the U.S. would have lifted the SheBelieves trophy.
Consequently, if the USWNT can win this opening match, they should set themselves up for celebrating a tournament victory on the final matchday. And that would make the ideal start for the Vlatko Andonovski.