Mark-Anthony Kaye – 5
It was almost a 10-man show for LAFC near the end of the first half. Mark-Anthony Kaye quite possibly could have been sent off for a second yellow card after lunging in late and missing the ball. The midfielder had an early chance to score the opening goal but failed to convert. This was not his strongest performance but he did not let his early mistakes affect the remainder of his minutes on the pitch. Kaye hasn’t seemed super sharp in the CONCACAF Champions League but is still coming off the injury he sustained last year.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Eduard Atuesta – 8
One of the key differences from leg one to two was the inclusion of Eduard Atuesta in the LAFC lineup. After spending time with Colombia in the South American Olympic qualifying, the young midfielder returned to LAFC. He had a tremendous impact on the outcome, his distribution critical to LAFC’s counter-attacking style. He shielded the defense nicely and was tremendous in possession, maintaining 90% pass accuracy rate throughout.
It was a huge performance from Latif Blessing. His work-rate was tremendous on both sides of the ball. He was a headache for the Leon defense and helped create chances offensively, but also was industrious, combative and a nuisance defensively, giving opposing midfielders no time on the ball to turn and settle like in the first leg.
Francisco Ginella – 6
The reintroduction of Atuesta into the LAFC lineup saw Francisco Ginella drop to the bench for the second leg. He made a late appearance to replace Atuesta and played only a short time before the final whistle. There wasn’t much to base his performance on but he should continue to be one of the many talented young players on this roster this season.