3. Ignacio Aliseda
Another new addition for the Chicago Fire is Ignacio Aliseda, though he is a much different type of signing than Robert Beric.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
He’s certainly a much riskier acquisition. Only 19 years old, Aliseda was brought in as a Young Designated Player from Argentina after impressing early on in his career. A very dangerous winger, he uses his raw speed and dribbling ability to blow past defenders in an instant. He does need to work on his clinical streak in the final third, but that will come with age. The more he scores and assists, the more he will grow in confidence and in stature.
His size is the main worry as the Argentine is only 5’7” and weighs about 150 pounds. MLS is a very physical league, which could lead to Aliseda getting bullied off the ball. If he’s clever, however, he could become a nightmare for others to deal with, especially if he learns to use his frightening speed and agility to his advantage.
Only time will tell if Aliseda is a groundbreaking kind of signing like Miguel Almiron, but he certainly has the talent. And if he can put it all together, Chicago might well have a steal.