3. Raul Ruidiaz
Raul Ruidiaz has not even played two full seasons yet for the Seattle Sounders but has already accomplished so much. Since scoring in his first start for the club, he has racked up achievements in rapid fashion.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Ruidiaz only played in 14 games during his first year in Seattle but still led all teammates with 10 MLS goals on the season. He set a franchise record in the process during 2018, becoming the fastest player in club history to reach 10 MLS goals. The 29-year-old also showed a knack of rising to the occasion, scoring three goals in just two postseason games. Although the Sounders were eliminated by the Portland Timbers, his performances were a sign of things to come.
Ruidiaz continued his impressive play last season as he set another franchise record with a goal in eight consecutive games and once again led the club in scoring. However, it was the postseason where he really showed what he was capable of. The Peruvian was a machine during the Sounders’ run to MLS Cup glory, scoring four goals and adding the same number of assists in just four games. For good measures, he was named Male Sports Star of the Year at the 85th annual MTRWestern Sports Star of the Year awards.
If Ruidiaz can continue to perform at a similar this year, the Rave Green will once again be in serious contention for another appearance in the MLS Cup. And the scary thing is, he has got the potential and ability to be even better in 2020; opposing defenses have been duly warned!