2. Brad Evans rejoins team as brand ambassador
It’s tough to argue with the assertion that Brad Evans is the embodiment of everything that personifies the Seattle Sounders. With his combination of loyalty, passion, work ethic, perseverance and ability, he was quite rightly referred to as Mr. Sounder.
More from Seattle Sounders
- Seattle Sounders Overcome Challenges and Advance in MLS Cup Playoffs
- Unwavering Roar: The Power of Passion from Seattle Sounders Fans
- Seattle Sounders Show Collective Strength and Ambition in the 2023 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Possible Return of Lodeiro to Brazil: A Welcome Boost or a Risky Bet?
- João Paulo and the Synergy of Young Talents: The Sounders’ Thrust Towards Glory
As such, it made perfect sense that Evans would rejoin the club as their Brand Ambassador. As per a press release from the Sounders, he will represent them in public appearances, media and broadcast work, community outreach and various other assignments.
The move means that the 34-year-old and his wife get to return to a place which truly feels like home. They previously lived in Seattle between 2009 and 2017, after the Sounders selected Evans with the 10th pick of the 2008 expansion draft.
This is a smart decision to bring back someone who is tough to dislike and extremely selfless, as evidenced by playing in every single outfield position for the club. Evans is a high-quality character who, as per the Sounders’ press release, has been a vocal advocate for LGBTQ rights and is a longtime supporter of Seattle Humane.