Gio Reyna made his Bundesliga debut for Borussia Dortmund. Find out how the youngster fared among many other American stars in this week’s USMNT abroad.
The moment finally came for U.S. Men’s National Team hopeful Gio Reyna to make his first-team debut with Borussia Dortmund. At just 17, Reyna became the youngest American player to make an appearance in the Bundesliga, breaking Christian Pulisic’s record by 103 days.
Entering in the 72nd minute, Reyna got to witness first-hand the debut hat-trick from Erling Braut Haaland as Dortmund defeated Augsburg 5-3.
By entering very late in a closely contested match, this shows there is already some trust from the Dortmund coaching staff in Reyna’s ability. The American appears to be very much in the plans of the future for the German club as he looks to emulate the explosive career trajectory of trailblazer Pulisic.
In England, another young USMNT prospect made his first Premier League appearance. Indiana Vassilev entered in the 67th minute of Aaron Villa’s 1-1 draw with Brighton and Hove Albion.
How the rest fared
- Timothy Chandler scored the match-winner for Eintracht Frankfurt in their 2-1 victory over Hoffenheim.
- Lynden Gooch scored the game-winning goal for Sunderland as they defeated MK Dons 1-0.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- Tyler Adams played all 90 minutes of RB Leipzig’s 3-1 win over Union Berlin.
- John Brooks played all 90 minutes of Wolfsburg’s 3-1 defeat to FC Köln.
- Josh Sargent and Alfredo Morales faced each other in the Bundesliga. Both players were subbed off in the second half as Werder Bremen defeated Fortuna Düsseldorf 1-0.
- Sebastian Saucedo played 87 minutes of Pumas’ wild 4-4 draw with FC Juarez.
- Chris Durkin played all 90 minutes of Sint-Truiden’s 2-0 win over Kortrijk.
- Haji Wright entered in the 85th minute of VVV Venlo’s 1-1 draw with PSV Eindhoven.
- Niko Hamalainen played all 90 minutes of Kilmarnock’s 6-0 win over Queens Park in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup
- Duane Holmes played all 90 minutes of Derby County’s 1-0 win over Eric Lichaj and Hull City.
- Tim Ream played all 90 minutes of Fulham’s 1-0 victory against Middlesbrough.
- Antonee Robinson played all 90 minutes of Wigan Athletic’s 2-1 loss to Swansea City.
- Matthew Olosunde played all 90 minutes of Rotherham United’s 3-0 victory against Bristol Rovers.
- Ian Harkes had an assist in Dundee United’s 2-2 draw with Hibernian.
Check back next week for a conclusive round-up of all that happened with USMNT players throughout world football.