Duane Holmes scored a decisive goal in Derby County’s 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough. See the goal and find out how the other USMNT players fared.
United States Men’s National Team player Duane Holmes scored the match-tying and decisive goal in Derby County’s 2-2 draw against Middlesbrough in the EFL Championship this weekend. It was the American midfielder’s first goal of the season.
The stunning strike helped Derby County extend their unbeaten run of form to five matches in all competitions.
Holmes was not the only USMNT player to find the back of the net over the course of the week. Gio Reyna scored his first senior team goal for Borussia Dortmund in a friendly against Feyenoord. Reyna has been considered as one of Dortmund’s top prospects at the club. The 17-year-old will look to make his first Bundesliga appearance in the months to come.
Josh Sargent returned from injury in stellar form as he tallied two goals for Werder Bremen in a friendly against Hannover.
Former Real Salt Lake player Sebastian Saucedo scored on his debut for Pumas in Liga MX. The 22-year-old tallied the first goal of the match as Pumas won 2-1 over Pachuca.
Pulisic out with injury
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Chelsea’s next month ahead will be a tough one as they enter a crucial part of the season that features their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 tie against Bayern Munich. Hopefully, Pulisic can return in good form to help aid in the club’s push for the last few months of the season.
How the rest fared
- Lynden Gooch registered an assist for Sunderland in a 4-0 victory against Wycombe Wanderers.
- Tim Ream played all 90 minutes in Fulham’s 1-0 win over Hull City.
- Antonee Robinson played all 90 minutes for Wigan Athletic in a 2-0 loss to Bristol City.
- Matthew Olosunder played all 90 minutes of Rotherham United’s 3-1 victory against Oxford United.
Check back next week for a conclusive round-up of all that happened with USMNT players throughout world football.