Benny Feilhaber beats out Paulo Nagamura and Felipe Gutierrez quite comfortably for this spot. The American outcast has been at the forefront of some of the club’s greatest moments. From supplying late goals to assisting the 2013 Eastern Conference-winning goal, Feilhaber has been a key contributor for three trophies this decade for SKC.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Every move forward and every move backwards has gone through Ilie Sanchez since he was signed in 2017. Sporting KC’s current holding midfielder beats out Julio Cesar, Uri Rosell, and Soni Mustivar quite easily to be named the club’s most influential defensive midfielder. After leading SKC to success in 2017 and 2018, the Spaniard wasn’t able to guide his side to the playoffs after a tough season full of injuries and disappointing performances.
Honduran international Roger Espinoza didn’t really have much competition for this spot. He has enjoyed two separate excellent stints with SKC, which has seen him play two different roles with the club. His relentlessness was never in question.