The holiday season brings forth a host of matches in England as clubs are faced with an action-packed schedule. Find out how the USMNT players did this week.
There were plenty of appearances during the course of the week as the United States Men’s National Team players in England’s top divisions were involved in the holiday matches.
Star winger Christian Pulisic was, however, unable to participate fully in the marathon of matches as he did not play in Chelsea’s weekend win over Arsenal. The midfielder has been reportedly sidelined with a hamstring injury, although other reports have stated it may be a groin injury.
This is not the best of news to start the year for Pulisic. After coming to life at Chelsea over the course of the last two months, he has shown growth that can only help him advance in his career. Hopefully, this injury does not leave him out of the lineup for a long period of time.
Pulisic did make a second-half appearance against Southampton in the Premier League Boxing Day fixture, but there have been suggestions that manager Frank Lampard is turning to other options. If that is true, it would be a great shame for a USMNT star just beginning to take to the elite world stage.
Meanwhile, Lynden Gooch’s goal for Sunderland stood out as a highlight of the week as he helped Sunderland record all three points against Doncaster Rovers.
How the rest fared
- DeAndre Yedlin played in both of Newcastle Untied’s fixtures. In the weekend fixture, he played all 90 minutes in a 2-1 loss to Everton and entered in the second half as a substitute on Boxing Day in a 4-1 defeat to Manchester United.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- Tim Ream played all 90 minutes in Fulham’s 3-3 draw with Luton Town and their 2-1 win over Stoke City.
- Antonee Robinson faced Duane Holmes and Derby County as that match ended 1-1. Robinson went on to play all 90 minutes in a 1-0 loss to Nottingham Forest over the weekend.
- Tyler Boyd came off the bench to make a late appearance for Beşiktaş as they defeated Gençlerbirliği 4-1 in the Turkish top flight.
- In Scotland, Niko Hamalainen played all 90 minutes for Kilmarnock in a pair of 1-0 losses during the course of the week.
- Andrija Novakovich entered in the second half of Frosinone’s scoreless draw with Pisa in Serie B.
- Chris Durkin played all 90 minutes for Sint-Truiden as they fell 1-0 to Waasland-Beveren in Belgian top division action.
Check back next week for a conclusive round-up of all that happened with USMNT players throughout world football.