Tyler Adams made the return to starting line-up for RB Leipzig as the USMNT player made his first league appearances of the season.
The long-awaited return of U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder-turned-full-back Tyler Adams occurred this weekend as the former New York Red Bulls player was named to the starting XI for RB Leipzig’s match against FC Augsburg.
He made the start at left-back and played 86 minutes in what was a good performance in his first match back from injury. His appearance came just in time before the Bundesliga begins its winter break.
There’s no doubt Adams will see more minutes in the future as Leipzig are still alive and well in the UEFA Champions League, DFB Pokal, and are leading the Bundesliga. Although he has missed a good part of the season already, there are still opportunities ahead of him to make an impact in big matches.
Other key storylines for USMNT stars over the past week featured Sergino Dest and Christian Pulisic, one more positive than the other. Dest scored a mid-week brace for Ajax as they defeated Telestar 4-3 in the KNVB Cup. On the weekend, he played all 90 minutes in Ajax’s 6-1 victory over Den Haag in the Eredivisie.
Pulisic, meanwhile, did not feature in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday, not even named to the bench as Frank Lampard switched to a back three. However, with a host of matches upcoming during the next two weeks, there are plenty of chances for him to get into the starting XI.
How the rest fared
- Zack Steffen started both matches for Fortuna Düsseldorf as they fell mid-week to Augsburg losing 3-0 and then won against Union Berlin by a final score of 2-1 over the weekend. Alfredo Morales played the entire 90 minutes of both fixtures as well.
- John Brooks was another USMNT player who played in two Bundesliga fixtures this week. He played all 90 minutes in the 1-1 draw against Schalke and the 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- DeAndre Yedlin made a late appearance entering in second-half stoppage time for Newcastle United as they defeated Crystal Palace 1-0. Former Major League Soccer star Miguel Almiron scored the match-winning goal.
- Weston McKennie’s injury sustained last week kept him out of the lineup for Schalke as he will not be reportedly available until February.
- Tim Ream played all 90 minutes for Fulham as they won 2-1 against Leeds United.
- Andrija Novakovich played all 90 minutes in Frosinone’s 1-0 loss to Benevento.
- Timothy Chandler played all 90 minutes in Eintracht Frankfurt’s 2-1 defeat to Paderborn. Chandler also played the full 90 against FC Köln in a 4-2 loss.
- Ian Harkes scored a goal for Dundee United as they won 4-0 against Ayr.
- Chris Durkin played all 90 minutes for Sint-Truiden as they drew 1-1 with Antwerp.
- Tyler Boyd played all 90 minutes for Besiktas as they fell 2-0 to Erzincanspor in the Turkish domestic cup.
- Haji Wright entered in the 61st minute for VVV Venlo in a 3-0 loss to Vitesse.
- Niko Hamalainen played all 90 minutes of Kilmarnock’s 1-0 defeat to Motherwell.
Check back next week for a conclusive round-up of all that happened with USMNT players throughout world football.