Andrija Novakovich led the way for Frosinone in Serie B with a dominant display. Here is an update from all the USMNT performances around the world.
It was arguably the best performance of the season thus far for Anrdjia Novakovich.
The United States Men’s National Team striker scored one goal and registered two assists for Frosinone in a Serie B match against Empoli. He was involved in three of the club’s four goals on the day as it finished 4-0.
This is the type of performance Novakovich needed after being left off of the USMNT rosters this past summer. If he can keep up his current form then he can reemerge as an option in the player pool at striker.
Want your voice heard? Join the MLS Multiplex team!Write for us!
Elsewhere, Christian Pulisic has not slowed down making an impact at Chelsea. The midfielder would score in Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Valencia midweek and play all 90 minutes of the loss to West Ham United.
For the time being, Pulisic has seemed to solidify his starting role for Frank Lampard’s club. The USMNT’s midfielder’s star continues to rise.
How the rest fared
- Antonee Robinson scored in mid-week EFL Championship action for Wigan Athletic. It was his first goal for the club. During the weekend, he would play all 90 minutes in a match against Matt Miazga and Reading. That fixture resulted in a 3-1 win for Miazga and Reading.
- John Brooks picked up an assist for Wolfsburg against Werder Bremen. Josh Sargent entered as a second-half substitute in this match as Werder Bremen won 3-2. Brooks played all 90 minutes in Wolfsburg’s 1-0 win over FC Oleksandriya in the Europa League. The German club secured a spot in the Round of 32 with their win as well.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Sergino Dest played all 90 minutes for Ajax in a 2-0 win over Lille in the Champions League. He entered as a substitute in the Dutch club’s weekend fixture win over FC Twente.
- Weston McKennie played all 90 minutes in Schalke’s 2-1 victory against Union Berlin.
- Tyler Boyd played the first half of Besiktas’s 2-1 Europa League win against ŠK Slovan Bratislava.
- Zack Steffen started in net for Fortuna Düsseldorf against Hoffenheim. Steffen finished the match with five saves in the 1-1 draw.
- Erik Palmer-Brown played all 90 minutes of Austria Wien’s 5-0 victory over Hartberg.
- Niko Hamalainen played all 90 minutes for Kilmarnock in their 2-2 draw with Hibernian in the Scottish Premiership.
- DeAndre Yedlin, unfortunately, picked up an injury and was not able to start for Newcastle United as they tied Manchester City 2-2.
- Tim Ream played all 90 minutes for Fulham in their 2-1 win over Swansea City.
- Bobby Wood played the first half of Hamburg’s 2-1 loss in 2. Bundesliga action.
- Haji Wright played all 90 minutes of VVV Venlo’s 1-0 defeat to AZ Alkmaar.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers played all 90 minutes for Stoke City in their 2-1 loss to Blackburn Rovers.
Check back next week for a conclusive round-up of all that happened with USMNT players throughout world football.