USMNT players featured across the globe this week, especially in the Bundesliga and FA Cup. Here is a round-up of all that happened.
There were plenty of U.S. Mens’ National Team players involved in this weekend’s FA Cup and a few goals coming from around the globe as well.
We begin this week in Germany as Tyler Adams picked up his first assist for RB Leipzig on Saturday. The American midfielder contributed to Yussuf Poulsen’s goal in the second half of Leipzig’s 3-1 win over Stuttgart.
Adams wasn’t the only player from the USMNT pool to score in Germany. Julian Green recorded his second goal of the season for Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2.
Pulisic out for Dortmund
Christian Pulisic is out off the next two matches in the Bundesliga for Borussia Dortmund with a hamstring problem. The midfielder had played in Dortmund’s mid-week Champions League loss to Tottenham Hotspur. Reports indicate that is where he picked up the injury.
Dortmund hold a slim lead on Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table as the German club look to rebound from a stretch of poor performances.
Gall and Rubin score
Romain Gall was back on the mark for Malmo in Sweden. The American forward had one goal and one assist in a domestic cup match that ended in a 3-2 win for Malmo.
In the Mexican second division, Rubio Rubin scored a brace for his club Dorados. The wild match would end in a 6-3 loss for Dorados against Atlante.
Other notable performances
- Ethan Horvath got the win for Club Brugge in net against Genk. In midweek action, Horvath played against Red Bull Salzburg in the Europa League. Despite allowing a poor goal in the opening half-hour, Brugge and Horvath recovered to win 2-1. The second leg of the Round of 32 tie will take place this Thursday.
More from MLS Multiplex
- In the FA Cup, Cameron Carter-Vickers played all 90 minutes for Swansea City in a 4-1 win over Brentford as Swansea advance to the quarterfinals.
- Duane Holmes played 45 minutes for Derby County as they were unable to get past Brighton & Hove Albion in a 2-1 loss.
- Josh Sargent entered as a substitute for Werder Bremen and played 15 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Hertha Berlin.
- Andrija Novakovich played all 90 minutes for Fortuna Sittard in a 6-0 loss against Heracles. Erik Palmer-Brown and NAC Breda also had a rough go out it in the Eredivisie. They fell to Ajax 5-0 on Sunday.
- Fabian Johnson played all 90 minutes for Borussia Mönchengladbach in a 1-1 draw with Eintracht Frankfurt.
- Omar Gonzalez played all 90 minutes for Atlas against Chivas Guadalajara in Liga MX. That match ended in a 3-0 victory for Chivas.
- Weston McKennie played all 90 minutes for Schalke in their scoreless draw with Freiburg. Schalke now turns their attention to a Champions League match against Manchester City on Wednesday.
- John Brooks played all 90 minutes for Wolfsburg in their 3-0 clean sheet win over Mainz.
- Tim Weah entered as a substitute for Celtic and played 13 minutes against Kilmarnock. Celtic continued their winning ways with a 1-0 victory.
- Alfredo Morales played all 90 minutes for Fortuna Düsseldorf against Bayer Leverkusen. The match ended 2-0 in favour of Leverkusen.
Check back next week for more USMNT abroad updates.