2. Salloi coming in clutch
With three goals in Sporting Kansas City’s last two matches, Daniel Salloi has been a major contributor to the final weeks of the campaign. The 22-year-old has had a massive year for his parent club and will be entering the playoffs in fine form.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
On this occasion, Salloi stepped just when he was needed most, providing the key piece of quality the game required. He was a part of the attacking move earlier on, collecting the ball on the half-turn and feeding it wide. As any good attacker does, he then moved into the penalty area, finding a pocket of space near the penalty spot as LAFC failed to track his run into the box.
A nice cut-back by Khiry Shelton, who is also in fine form as the playoffs loom, into Salloi’s feet allowed the Hungarian to take just one touch to set himself before unfurling a lovely finish into the bottom corner. All this while KC had only ten men. Now that is clutch.
Can he come through in the playoffs with more goals? We will have to wait and see. But Salloi has played a key part in KC’s Western Conference title. I wouldn’t put it past him having the same impact in the postseason.