2. Ruidiaz set for a big month
Two goals in his last three appearances for Seattle could be a sign that Raul Ruidiaz is ready to come to full form for his new club.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
His goal was a typical poacher’s finish. As Brad Smith bounded down the left flank with time and space to survey the penalty area before picking his delivery, Ruidiaz drifted between two KC defenders, waiting patiently for the cross to arrive.
Whipped in with speed and accuracy, the ball split a stranded Tim Melia in net and the KC backline, allowing Ruidiaz to scythe into the six-yard box uncontested and simply tap home with a composed and controlled first-time finish.
The striker is going to be relied on for his goal poaching and ability to come up big for the Sounders when they need him. If he can come up with a big month for Seattle, then they should have no issues reaching the postseason.