Another week of action is behind us in the world of football and there were a few noteworthy performances by USMNT players and prospects abroad. Here’s how they fared.
We begin this week in Germany where a few goals were tallied by United States Men’s National Team members.
It is a country and league that many USMNT players are beginning to move to to further their European endeavours. And they are finding success there.
Fabian Johnson scored for Borussia Mönchengladbach against Bayer Leverkusen in their opening match of the Bundesliga season. Defender John Brooks, however. found himself on the score sheet for Wolfsburg against. Unfortunately, he would be called for a foul in the box and conceded a penalty which leveled the match. A late winner from his teammate Daniel Ginczek would negate his misfortune right at the very last.
Josh Sargent, meanwhile, found the back of the net for Werder Bremen II. The 18-year-old continues his impressive start playing for the U-23 side. Christian Pulisic went 77 minutes for Borussia Dortmund against RB Leipzig. Dortmund won comfortably 4-1 to start their season on a high note.
How the rest fared
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- Romain Gall recorded a brace for Malmo in Sweden in the defending Allsvenskan champions’ 5-0 victory. Gall has already scored nine goals this season. At this rate, he should be attracting attention from the USMNT coaching staff ahead of the upcoming national team friendlies.
- Mix Diskerud scored a goal for Ulsan Hyundai in South Korea against FC Seoul.
- Josh Gatt registered an assist for Rheindorf Altach in the Austrian Bundesliga.
- Lyden Gooch had an assist for Sunderland in their 2-1 victory over AFC Wimbledon in the English League One.
- DeAndre Yedlin picked up an assist for Newcastle United against Chelsea. However, he would also concede an own goal that proved to be the match winner for Chelsea as it finished 2-1 in favor of the Blues.
- In Belgium, Brendan Hines-Ike had an assist for Kortrijk in their 2-0 win. Hines-Ike was also named to the Jupiler Pro League Team of the Week as result of his stellar performance.
Other notable performances
- Andrija Novakovich played all 90 minutes in Fortuna Sittard’s 3-1 loss in the Dutch Eredivisie.
- Emmanuel Sabbi played all 90 minutes for Hobro in their 2-0 loss to AGF Aarhus.
- Matt Miazga played all 90 minutes for Nantes in their 1-1 draw with Caen in Ligue 1.
- Julian Green played 88 minutes for Gruether Fuerth in the 2. Bundesliga.
- Fortuna Dusseldorf’s Alfredo Morales played all 90 minutes in their 2-1 loss to Augsburg in the Bundesliga.
- Weston McKennie played all 90 minutes for Schalke in their loss to Wolfsburg.
- Antonee Robinson played all 90 minutes for Wigan Athletic in their 1-0 loss to Queens Park Rangers.
- Eric Lichaj played all 90 minutes of Hull City’s 2-0 loss to Stoke City.
- Omar Gonzalez played all 90 minutes for Atlas in Liga MX.
Make sure you check back next week to see how the USMNT players get on overseas.