3. Big home win for confidence
Atlanta’s win on Sunday is huge for the team’s confidence, especially considering the upcoming stretch of road games.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Over the next month, Atlanta will play four road games. They travel to rivals Orlando City, surging DC United, new look Colorado, and a dismal San Jose. While the opponents are not the best in the league (they all sit below the playoff line), they will each pose individual challenges beyond the travel Atlanta has to endure.
Because of the travel implications, and because each of these teams will fight Atlanta tooth and nail, Sunday’s win was huge for the Five Stripes. After an inconsistent run of form that featured alternating draws and wins, Sunday’s win can act as a springboard into these road matches and give Atlanta the confidence they need to grab as many points as possible.
Atlanta has the best road form in the league and they will need to continue their solid road performances if they want to make a strong push at the Supporters’ Shield and a first-round playoff bye.