There were some exciting developments for USMNT players this week. Here are the goals, the transfer news and some of the other performances to take note of.
An interesting week for some of the USMNT stars and hopefuls yielded a few headlines and goals that got plenty of attention across the globe.
Perhaps the most significant and high-profile one came from young Tim Weah at Paris Saint-Germain.
Weah scored his first goal in Ligue 1 for PSG on Sunday against Caen. The American took advantage of a goalkeeping gaffe to record his second goal of the season in all competitions for the French giants. It may have been a terrible goalkeeping, but give credit to Weah for his speed, commitment and desire to close down the clearance and force the mistake.
Emmanuel Sabbi had a big performance for Hoboro in Denmark scoring two goals on Saturday in the club’s victory. In just five appearances for Hobro, Sabbi has scored four goals. Sabbi may be on the cusp of getting a call-up for the upcoming fall friendlies if he can maintain his current form in Denmark.
Heading over to transfer news, Geoff Cameron has been linked to Werder Bremen in Germany. The defender has been looking to depart from Stoke City, who were relegated from the Premier League last year, during the offseason. This move would keep him in first division football. Cameron would certainly benefit from a transfer as he would get a new start with a new club at a high level.
Emerson Hyndman is headed to Hibernian in Scotland this week on loan from Bournemouth. It will be a six-month loan for the 22-year-old. He made his first appearance in the starting XI over the weekend in the Scottish Premiership.
Meanwhile, Duane Holmes signed with Derby County on a three-year deal as he joins Frank Lampard’s side in England. Romain Gall also got his first career UEFA Champions League appearance during a qualification match for Malmo this week. During league play on Friday, he picked up an assist against Dalkurd.
- DeAndre Yedlin picked up an injury during Newcastle United’s match against Tottenham Hotspur. There is no official word on the timeframe of recovery for the defender.
- Andrija Novakovich got the start for his new club Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch Eredivisie. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Weston McKennie scored for FC Schalke against Fiorentina in a friendly.
- Just a week after scoring the match winner for Sunderland, Lynden Gooch recorded an assist for Sunderland against Luton Town in an all-around impressive performance.
- Josh Gatt entered as a substitute for Rheindorf Altach in the Austrian Bundesliga.
- Eric Lichaj of Hull City and Antonee Robinson of Wigan Athletic both went 90 minutes for their respective clubs.
- Jonathan Amon returned from injury and made an appearance for Nordsjaelland off the bench in the second half.
- Matt Miazga was on the bench but did not feature for Nantes in their opening Ligue 1 match of the season.
Check back next week for all that goes on with USMNT players next week all around the globe.