3. Edwards continues to show promise
The Chicago Fire don’t make many signings, but when they do, they are usually shrewd pickups.2.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
Raheem Edwards might be another example of this, as he put on another strong showing against RSL. The Canadian was the main attacking threat for Chicago as he continued to run up and down the right wing. He put constant pressure on the Salt Lake defense, and even forced a couple of turnovers that his teammates could do nothing with.
Taken from Montreal in exchange for $400,000 Targeted Allocation Money, it seems like the Fire have a quality player in Edwards, who still is only 23.
The winger has risen through the ranks at Toronto and was selected by LAFC in the expansion draft before being sent to Montreal. Now, with Chicago having the option of keeping him all the way through to 2020, perhaps he can settle down and perform as his talent suggests.