It was quite a productive week for the United States Men’s National Team players in Major League Soccer League. Here’s how the USMNT stars fared.
A full slate of action in Major League Soccer gave United States Men’s National Team players in the league plenty of opportunities to contribute to their team’s various endeavours.
Perhaps the biggest contributor of the week was Cristian Roldan of the Seattle Sounders.
The 23-year-old midfielder had a goal and an assist for his club as they picked up two massive victories this week. His assist also set up Seattle’s new signing, Raul Ruidiaz, to score his first MLS goal.
Jozy Altidore, meanwhile, got back on the scoresheet for Toronto FC. The longtime USMNT striker has been sidelined with an injury for most of the MLS season and has only recently got back into the starting XI. He made an appearance in the Canadian Cup semifinal match mid-week and then scored in Toronto’s 3-0 victory over the Chicago Fire on Saturday night.
One of the other big pieces of news was Kellyn Acosta’s trade to the Colorado Rapids. The FC Dallas Academy product left his boyhood club in a trade that saw Dallas acquire Rapids striker Dominique Badji.
Acosta played in two matches for the Rapids this week and got his first goal for his new club against DC United. Time will tell if this move benefits the young midfielder and if he can continue his hopes of joining a European club in the future.
Here’s how the rest of the USMNT fared in the week that was in MLS.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
- Alejandro Bedoya scored for the Philadelphia Union in a 3-1 against the Houston Dynamo mid-week.
- Dom Dwyer scored a magnificent header for Orlando City against LA Galaxy. However, Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s hat-trick overshadowed his efforts as the Galaxy won 4-3. Dwyer’s teammate Sacha Klejstan had an assist in the match as well.
- Alex Bono led the way for USMNT goalkeepers. The shot-stopper recorded two clean sheets in both of Toronto’s victories. Zack Steffen picked up a victory against the New York Red Bulls. Elsewhere, David Bingham got a win as well with the Galaxy.
- Ike Opara had an assist for Sporting Kansas City in a 3-2 loss to FC Dallas.
- Tyler Adams had an assist for the Red Bulls in their loss to Columbus.
- Tim Parker started and played all 90 minutes in both of the Red Bulls matches this week.
- Marky Delgado entered as a substitute for Toronto on Saturday and played 45 minutes.
- Michael Bradley played all 90 minutes for Toronto in the midfield.
- CJ Sapong entered as a substitute for Philadelphia and played 33 minutes.
- Wil Trapp and Gyasi Zardes played all 90 minutes for the Crew.
Make sure you check back next week for all that’s going with USMNT players in MLS.