2. Offense leading the way
During the USWNT’s 17-match unbeaten run, they have outscored their opponents 53-15.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Javier Milei Elected in Argentina: Potential Impacts on MLS and Signings of Argentine Players
- Orlando City and New York City FC in the Battle for Matías Arezo; Grêmio Enters Negotiations! Who Will Come Out on Top?
- USA, Honduras, Panama, and Canada Close in on a Spot in the 2024 Copa America
- De Gea Turns Down Al-Nassr’s Lucrative Offer: Speculation Points to Possible Reunion with Messi at Inter Miami
- Messi’s Magnetic Impact in the United States
A quick glance at the players on the teamsheet reveals an obvious answer as to why they have been so successful putting the ball into the back of the net: they have one of the best group of offensive players in the world.
Not only is Morgan finding her form, but others are having terrific seasons in the domestic league, which poses a whole other threat to opposing backlines. Megan Rapinoe gave Japan trouble as well as Tobin Heath, who had a moment of individual brilliance when she set up Morgan’s third goal of the match.
There seems to be no stopping the USWNT’s attack at the moment. It could carry them all the way to the World Cup final in 2019.