A Carli Lloyd-less Dash came away with a 2-2 draw against the Western New York Dash on Saturday night.
The Houston Dash minus Carli Lloyd faced off with the USWNT star’s former team the Western New York Flash (8-5-3)on Saturday night and left with a hard earned 2-2 draw. Lloyd, still on break from the Rio Olympics where the USA was eliminated on August 11th, is expected back in the fold on Monday August 29th after a 17 day layoff. Houston Dash forward Kealia Ohai scored her career high fifth goal of the season to help keep the Dash unbeaten in Western new York.
Both sides had opportunities to put the finishing touches on a win but could not convert.
More from MLS Multiplex
- Portland Timbers: Ebobisse and Niezgoda are an emerging dynamic duo
- Austin FC linked to another offensive signing in Cecilio Dominguez
- Philaelphia Union Vs Portland Timbers: 3 things we learned – Sebastian Blanco masterclass
- Inter Miami: The uncertainty of chasing the big-name European stars
- Orlando City Vs Minnesota United: 3 things to watch for – The unexpected
The draw began with a goal from Denise O’Sullivan in the 27th minute but the Flash would answer back. Then it was Ohai’s goal that gave Houston the lead once more only to see it evaporate in the 59th minute continuing the headache of a season filled with could’ve, would’ve and should’ve.
The draw opened a two game road swing that continues in Boston on Wednesday night against the Breakers. The Dash (3-8-4) return home for their third game in seven days meeting the USWNT goal scorer Alex Morgan and the Orlando Pride on Saturday night September 3rd.